1.25.2011

jade and stripes

So i thought I'd try something new today. I have all these beautiful plants that I'd love to share with you. Let me know if you like this and would like to see more from my "nursery" that is my house.
This here is my mama jade, she is about 35 years old. I recently lost half of her to root rot, it was horribly sad. I am what some would call a "smotherer", I over love, over water, over play with... you get the idea. Well it was so hard not to water my jade as normal this winter and thus the poor thing got a nasty case of root rot. 
What i love so much about jades is that they are so easy to propagate. This mama has given me so many fabulous gifts. I think most of my friends have received baby jade from her. Here is a cutting that i kept for myself.
Like my stripped sweater? I am joining in everybody, everywear today for the first time. Kinda fun. Obviously it's stripes day.

7 comments:

Linda said...

I love that sweater? Anthro? So cute.
Also, I live in Portland and kill every plant we try to grow. I'll need your help come Spring!

The Auspicious Life

sarah // SELVA floral design said...

yes the sweater is from anthro.... and I'd love to help with your spring flowers!

Sherry said...

I thought I was the only mass plant murderer in the US! I am glad to see I am in such stylish company!

Girls Day Out gdo-family.blogspot.com

kelsey said...

I am in love with that cardigan!

Blythe and Charlotte said...

Such a fabulous cardigan! The lace detailing combined with the stripes makes it really unique!

-Charlotte
allesmode2010.blogspot.com

Amy Z. said...

I LOVE that cardigan! It makes me want to go sew some lace onto my striped cardigan!

candidclassic.blogspot.com

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

Love this post -would love to see more plants around the house!
Great cardi too!
Rachie xo

share